Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Forget Toys...

my children are obsessed with books. Actually, any type of print rich material will do -- books, magazines, art, how-to manuals, bits and pieces of postal mail, and on and on. A great example of early literacy in action!

And so, our first (embarrassingly over-due) family trip to the library occurred this past weekend. Anders and Jorja were absolutely stunned -- so, so many books at such accessible heights -- oh my!

Our gorgeous 4 blocks and 1 pedestrian bridge from our house library.



Jorja getting eye-to-eye with a selection of books.



Anders whizzing by headed to another shelf of books.



Ah-ha! Anders discovering the joy of pulling books from the shelf -- All By Himself.

4 comments:

tg said...

Awesome I can hardly wait to take Scout with them! (nice sweaters by the way :) )

Hoot n' Howl said...

tg - The kiddos are so dang cute in those sweaters! When are you making one for me?

Unknown said...

They are so precious. I look forward to seeing if you have posted every morning, it brings a smile to my face. when are you bringing them to Arizona so they can experience sunshine?????

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your gorgeous library. What happened to the days of dilapidated shelves and 30 year old carpet? Do you at least have angry librarians? I swear they are pictured reading on a post-to post basis. Two thumbs up to early literacy! They are so big!