Friday, October 24, 2008

Cloth Diapering

I'm a cloth diapering Momma. Not only do I cloth diaper my kids, I also seek out every opportunity to talk about CD, spend countless hours surfing the web for CD tidbits, and ooh and aah over the abundance of CD supplies that are available. There are, of course, challenges with cloth diapering -- and diapering in general. There are the blow-outs, the semi-blow-outs, the laundry, the "I totally forgot to fill up the wipe warmer with new cloth wipes and now I'm faced with a child lying on the changing table stripped and soiled" episodes, the toting dirty diapers around while out and about, and so and so forth, but the one element of cloth diapering that I am COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS until it's over is the spraying of the soiled diapers. I have a diaper sprayer that's attached to our toilet plumbing. When the need arises, I head to the bathroom with the offending diaper, flip on the sprayer switch, and either spray the poop into the toilet or, as is mostly the case, spray the poop all over the bathroom. It's gotten easier to gauge the water pressure and adjust my aim, but these "all over the bathroom" situations still surface from time to time.

According to my mother and others of her generation, folks "back in the day" simply dunked the soiled diapers in the toilet. Maybe there's something to be said for steering clear of additional gadgets...

2 comments:

tg said...

My mom said she just dunked too.

gp said...

It's all about the technique.